Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday, August 14, 2009

We had a great day today. Dave & Gretchen Freeman showed us around the heart of Budapest. We started in Hero’s Square and then moved west toward the Danube River. The most sobering portion of the day was touring the House of Terror which tells the story of Hungarian oppression under Communism.
From there we walked to the Budapest Cathedral, across the chain bridge, and then to John and Vicki Moore’s apartment for dinner with the Pastor Imre and his wife, Maria of the Budapest Nazarene Church. This is an amazing city with a rich past and a very promising future. So many incredible buildings are being re-done. This can easily become one of the world’s most beautiful cities!
We leave Hungary with a deep interest in the country and its people. We feel that we have made so many new friends. The people of Foldes were so good to us and we pray that God will bless their ministry in the days ahead. It was such a privilege to accompany the District Team to Romania. The work of Veritas and the ministry center there is truly incredible.
I will pray often for Olympia and Chobe. They are my first real example of the “person of peace” that Jesus talks about in Luke 10 and Matthew 10. I hope that we can work with the Hungarian District to reach out to these ethnic Hungarians that my world knows so little about. They are truly open to the Gospel. They feel that no one cares but I hope that God will use us to change that feeling.
We fly out in a few hours but I’m so grateful for this life-changing experience. I will see you on Sunday at Highland. I’m so grateful to Eric for preaching this Sunday.
Pastor John

No comments:

Post a Comment