Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a quick entry today! On Tuesday we went to the River Bend area and crossed over into Slovakia. Again, our passports were not stamped, so you’ll just have to believe the pictures. We stopped at the National Cathedral of Hungary where the first Christian King of Hungary was crowned.
Yesterday, we went to Vienna where we saw Burger King, McDonalds, and of course Starbucks. I spent some of my first Euros. Sincerely, this is an amazing city with history everywhere. The most impressive was the press of people from many different countries.
We are just about to leave to walk around the core of the city of Budapest. Actually, we’ll be on the Pest side of the river. Listen to the local knowledge just flow through my computer. This trip has taught me just how historically illiterate I really am.
If only I could do High School again. I would really listen this time… yeah right!
We fly home tomorrow!
Pastor John

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all your new stories! The pictures are amazing! We will be praying for a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete